Alright, we’re sharing it – here’s our all time favorite soup recipe. It couldn’t be easier to make, and is perfect for a chilly winter day. Don’t mind the lack of photography, this just happened to be the only photo in our camera roll. 🙂 We’ll make it soon and take some photos!
3 tablespoons butter
1 medium onion, finely diced
1 jalapeño, seeded and finely diced
1 tablespoon cumin
1 cup chicken broth
5 cloves of garlic
2 cups half & half (can sub with heavy cream)
1 cup shredded monterey jack cheese
1 cup pepperjack cheese (+ extra for serving))
1 can (14oz) cream-style corn
1 can (4oz) diced green chilies
1 can (14oz) diced tomatoes, drained
Meat from 1 rotisserie chicken, shredded into bite size pieces
Salt & pepper, to taste
Optional toppings/garnishes: fresh cilantro, tortilla chips, chopped green onion, shredded cheese, jalapeños, tabasco sauce, etc.
1. Heat butter in a Dutch oven (or large pot) on medium
2. Once butter is melted, add onion and jalapeño, cooking until onions are soft and translucent
3. Then, add garlic and cumin and cook for 1-2 more minutes
4. Add in chicken and broth, and bring to a boil
5. Reduce heat to low and stir in corn, shredded cheese, green chilies, tomatoes and half & half; cook until cheese is melted and soup is heated through
6. Season with salt & pepper
7. Serve and top with garnishes/toppings of choice!
Note: depending on your particular produce, it sometimes comes out spicier than others. We recommend taste testing throughout, and adding in extra jalapeños, chilies, or tabasco if it needs more of a kick!
Let us know if you try it!
xX – the blonde party