OOOOMMGGG, you guys. This may just be one of the cutest things we’ve ever done. We made these for an Aperol Spritz/European Summer themed bridal shower we hosted for Greta’s friend Kelly, and these were quite the hit. If you’re looking for a fun thing to serve at your next party/shower/get together, you need to try these fun jello shots (they can be made N/A, too)! Scroll down for the recipe, and subscribe to our blog – we’ll share a follow up post with everything else we did/made for the shower, including homemade limoncello! <3
Here’s a quick video showing how to make them. The full ingredient list and instructions are listed below!
1 cup pink lemonade
2 packets of unflavored gelatin (2oz total)
1/2 cup tequila
1/4 cup triple sec
1/4 cup lime juice
- Cut oranges in half (cut through the stem & bottom vs. across the middle), then scoop out/discard the insides
- Mix tequila, triple sec and lime juice together in a heat safe pitcher or bowl
- Heat pink lemonade on the stove (on medium heat), slowly adding the gelatin packets, and stirring until dissolved
- Once gelatin is dissolved, pour the gelatin mixture into your tequila mixture, and stir until combined
- Add a tiny drop of pink food coloring if you want a little more color (we used a toothpick)
- Arrange orange halves in a muffin tin, and fill with mix
- Refrigerate overnight (or for a minimum of 8 hours)
- Using a sharp knife, slice each orange half into thirds, or quarters, and clean up any edges. A few notes: try and cut at an angle to get the best shape, and don’t be afraid to discard the outer edges!
- Serve & enjoy!
To make these jello shots non-alcoholic, remove the tequila, triple sec and lime juice, and add another cup of pink lemonade instead!
Let us know if you try these – and be sure to tag us on social @theblondeparty!