If you want to make something fun and festive for Valentine’s Day (or really whatever ocassion), may we suggest these mini donuts? These are actually made from cake mix pressed into donut shapes (I know, I know). Anyway, they don’t take very long to make, but they look pretty impressive sitting out on a cute cake stand. I took a few short timelapse videos for IG throughout the process, so we’ll put a few of those down at the bottom. 🙂
Ingredients & Materials:
- Cake mix – I used gluten free Pillsbury funfetti box mix
- Whatever add-ins your cake requires (ex: oil and eggs)
- Frosting – I normally make my own, but this time I used the pink vanilla Pillsbury frosting.
- Sprinkles!! I got all of these from Michaels. They sell them in little 99 cent packs so you can mix and match! I did buy one pre-mixed, too.
- Mini Donut Maker
- Mix your cake batter according to the box’s instructions
- Plug in your mini donut maker and let it pre-heat for a few minutes
- Pour batter into a piping bag (or plastic bag and then cut off the tip)
- Optional: lightly grease mini donut maker (I didn’t use to do this, but mine is getting old so now I sometimes do).
- Pipe batter into holes in machine. To ensure even cooking, it’s important to work quickly. This time, I just filled the first two rows so that they didn’t overcook while I waited for the third row to be done.
- After a few minutes, gently lift the lid. You want your donuts a light golden color. Once done, pop them out (gently) with a fork and rest on a cooling rack.
- Once cool, frost and decorate with sprinkles!
As Amazon Associates we earn from qualifying purchases.